Sunday, August 08, 2010

Need a Pensieve

sunday. rest of the world sleeps. we work. supposed to anyway. :P
sitting at my desk with a cup of black coffee. trying to stay awake.
slept at 4am.
no. wasn't out partying. i was at home, lying in bed, staring at the ceiling and willing for sleep to come. but how can it when i had woken up from an afternoon "nap" at 7:30pm?

this weekend was all about sleep. and sleeplessness.

(feeling the coffee take effect)

I'm feeling listless and restless. I don't want to work this job anymore.
I don't want to live here anymore. I think.
I don't know if I need a break or if I need to break away altogether... move!

I'm going to Delhi on the 19th for the weekend and will be back on Sunday night, the 22nd.
I just neeeded to get away, and my birthday weekend seemed like the perfect time to do it.
My friends were all going to different places as it is, so it's not like I was going to get the traditional "surprise" party or anything. I never do. It's always something or the other.

And if Delhi doesn't get me out of my funk, then I'm seriously considering moving.
I'm not sure where, maybe to Europe. Or Canada.
Of course... I need to have a job... but that'll happen. *fingers crossed*
The idea of starting afresh... new job, new people, new life... it's scary!
And the fear is exhilarating!

So maybe I should move. Or maybe I just need a vacation.

Let's see...





6 comments:

Annie said...

hey

loved ur blog! will definitely come back for more =)

Sonia said...

thank you Annie!

Saaketh said...

I sent a smiley ...where is it ?? :-> everytime I see you on gtalk, on this id) i keep waiting for a new post ! :-)

Sonia said...

Saaketh: I deleted that post. It wasn't what I wanted to express. And you know... I come online on that id to reply to mails as well, not to post :o)

monsoon dreams said...

listless,restless,dont want the job!same here.i realise it's high time i followed my dreams.but need money to live,right?hmm...u made my day!

Sonia said...

Monsoon Dreams: I did?! oh ok. :o) Good to know! Not sure why though!
And yeah, you're right, one DOES need money to live.