Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Trigger for Happiness

I was all normal-like... driving home.
And then the RJ played dekha jo tujhe yar dil mein naji guitar...

I KNOW it's a comPLEtely silly maamu kinda song. And I HATTED it when I first heard it, but now whenever I listen to it, my feet start tap-tapping and I can't help but dance. :D (go on K! Call me a plebian! I don't care!)

So this guy (the RJ) had me dancing around ( if anyone driving on the Shk. Zayed Rd last Tuesday saw a crazy girl in the car who was jumping around...hi! that was me :D) all the way home, and once I got home, I went online and started listening to all the desi dance numbers.

Which brought me to Fanaa from Yuva.
Which took me to Khuda Hafiz... which took me all the way back to Delhi..to when I used to wake up late in the afternoon during the hot summers there. I used to stay in Hauz Khas at the time, near the market.

There was this place there where they used to sell ready-made chicken curry. I used to buy that and brown bread and heat it in the stove and that was lunch. That and kesar-flavoured milk.

I would get a book from the library (and by "library" I mean a guy at a wayside stall with a bunch of second-hand books that I could rent for a couple of bucks a day)
I would get back and have toast and chicken all set for lunch, and when I turned on the TV, Khuda Hafiz would be on a lot at the time.

I was seeing R at the time, but this memrory of mine is just of me, alone.

My little bubble of happiness. Where I was content with my own company without really realizing it.
I'm not sure if I love the song so much for the memories it evokes or cos it's just such an awesome song.

...Kal Miley Na Miley Sochna Hai Kya
Shor Mein Abhi Kuch Bolna Hai Kya
Ye Jo Pal Hain Wo Apne Hain
Ruk Ja Zara O Deeewani...

Such simple triggers for happiness! Who would've thunk!

4 comments:

APOO said...

Loved the first video. Actually, make that the first 15 secs of the first video!

:P

Hauz Khas? Sounds like some middle-eastern food item. Weird places u put up at!

Anonymous said...

Hmm Listen to "Mayya Mayya" from Guru ...

Lost in trance... said...

havyu watched 'the pursuit of happiness'?

Sonia said...

apoo: you're weird.

anon: yeah, that song makes me wanna dance too. :)

lost in trance: yes! LOVE that movie! :)