Sunday, May 06, 2007

Family Ties - II

I don’t know how many of you still come here, but for anyone that does…

If you remember this post…

The girl in question got married last Thursday.

:o)

I'm so happy for her!
Although she’s had to go through hell for it. Her dad finally just signed the no-objection letter. But they refused to have anything more to do with her.
Told her alright, if that’s what you want, go ahead.
Just go.

And she left. She’s been holding on for so long trying to make them understand. But I guess people have different priorities. Some people care too much about what others think. Her parents were more bothered about society than their daughters’ happiness.

I wonder why parents do this to themselves and their children. So much of hatred and anger, so much heartache…all for what?

I have seen several instances where the children love and respect their parents and wish that they would be accepted by their parents for who they are. And so they wait and wait, hoping that their parents will someday understand and accept them and the choices they have made.
Unfortunately, the parents don’t change, and the finally, the children get weary and resentful, and they stop trying.
Which is sad.

Hopefully, these children will treat their own children better.

5 comments:

First Rain said...

Amen!

ToOothlEss WOndeR! said...

it's just the pain of being deprived the right to something you always believed was your right to choose.

some take it hard, some know better.

Anonymous said...

Good for her ..
Ur friend is fortunate to live her life with him. :) ..
n' i fully agree to toothless wonder!

esvee said...

I don’t know how many of you still come here, but for anyone that does…

i do ..i do...though it's been a longntime since i left any comment...take care!!

J. said...

"Unfortunately, the parents don’t change, and the finally, the children get weary and resentful, and they stop trying.
Which is sad.

Hopefully, these children will treat their own children better."

That is soooo me!! I'm normally a person who tolerates other ppl's shiii. With my mom I had allowed her to lash at me and hurt me for stupid things and I in return used to keep my mouth shut and don't say anything just to respect her but after one incident I lost it all and started to fight back with her, which in one way does work b/c there were times where I successfully made her shut her mouth, allowing her to see her negative areas. And the look on her face shows her she shouldn't be talking..ha!