Friday, June 02, 2006

Food for the soul

I woke up in the morning with the song Teri Deewani by Kailash Kher in my head.
It was just 6 am.
I tried singing it.
Then I felt like I needed to hear it RIGHT THEN!
So I went online and got the song and played it on endless loop for hours.

tere naam se jee loon
tere naam se marr jaaun
teri jaan ke sadke mein kuchh aaisa kar jaaun
tune kya kar dala marr gayi main mitt gayi main ho ri ha ri ho gayi main
teri deewani

Sighhhhh!! How beautiful is that huh!
I cannot even begin to describe what I feel when I hear this song.

It is so overwhelming, the feeling that washes over me.... it reinforces my faith in all that I believe in.
It makes me happy and sad and gives me hope and makes me feel helpless all at the same time.
Siiiiigh!
Somebody hand me a margarita!

6 comments:

n.g. said...

will you finish the margarita?

Mad Max said...

living the experience of music...cheerss

AB said...

Yeah baby yeah...Teri Deewani makes me feel so ...I don't how to describe the feeling...It is definitely special. Keep the margarita flowing:-)

Sonia said...

Nish: funneeee! But I'm NOT laughing! *gives stern look*

Anup: Cheers indeed! :o)

peaceguy: soothing? anything but.

AB:i know! the feeling is hard to describe! best to just let it wash over you, and drink margaritas! :o)

GhostOfTomJoad said...

I don't know where this comes from but, suddenly, I seem to be coming across a lot of people talking about closed doors but tiny windows of opportunities or about their faith and belief being reinforced... Hmm, must've been the rain last night, washing the world with a positive vibe. Alas, it missed my little house though :-)

Not too sure I've heard this song but some others of Kher are prety good too.

Anonymous said...

Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»